Applying for a mortgage loan does not have to be a stressful undertaking.
Mortgage Loan Application Checklist
To make the process quick and easy, we recommend the following checklist:
- Gather one month of pay stubs for all borrowers with the year to date earnings
- Two years W2s for all jobs and/or tax returns with all schedules
- Know the prior addresses and places of employment for all borrowers for a minimum of your prior two years, ideally along with earnings
- Gather two months of bank statements, for all bank checking and savings accounts along with any investment or retirement savings accounts
- Talk with a mortgage professional at Burke Mortgage to walk you through the application.
“John made my home purchasing experience positive. He answered my infinite questions with patience and was thorough in his explanations. He made every step of the loan process easy. John provided his expertise with confidence. He is extremely knowledgeable and detailed. He is fast and efficient. John is a true professional!” – Sharmila Rosado from Hartford, CT (Zillow review)
“John helped us process a FHA Streamlined loan for our investment property in Willington. Got us a better rate than we hoped for and handled all aspects quickly and efficiently. Very trustworthy and super helpful.” – Topher Logan (Google Review)
“John did great work helping me purchase my first home this past summer. He was highly professional, helpful, and always had my best interest in mind. One of the many things that’s great about John’s customer service is that he handles the clients himself. I always spoke with him directly and contacting him was never difficult. He was also very patient in explaining the complexities of each step of buying a home for the first time. John also has many contacts who work in various aspects of real estate. He suggests very helpful people, but is also 100% fine with it if you choose your own realtor, lawyer, etc. This made it very easy to work with him. Also, when buying a home, one must always be careful with cost. John’s rate was very reasonable. I can say with confidence that the money that he saved me by helping me find the best rate possible more than paid for his services. I’ve been recommending him to everyone I know who is looking to buy a home in Connecticut.” – John Opalenik (Google Review)