You’re in your new home and excited about your new fireplace. We’re sure you’re having dreams of chestnuts roasting over an open fire. And Jack Frost nipping at your nose. But did you think about:
- Did you get your chimney inspected? They should be checked annually (and sometimes monthly)
- Do you have a fireplace screen? Is it sturdy enough to stop sparks and rolling logs?
- Is your firewood chopped and ready?
- Do you have a fire extinguisher?
- Make sure your smoke detector is working!
- #1 Tip is to make sure the fire is completely out before going to bed.